The Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program provides financial assistance to individuals with a disability. If you worked recently and for a significant enough period of time paying taxes on your earnings, the SSDI program pays you and certain members of your family benefits. If these requirements are met, benefits are paid out on a monthly basis if it is expected to last for a minimum of a year or result in death.
If you’re unsure of how to file for the income, look no further.
- Gather the required documents you need to apply from the Adult Disability Checklist.
- Submit your completed application.
- Your state agency will review the submitted application to ensure disability benefit basic requirements are met.
- Your state agency will see if you worked long enough to qualify for SSDI benefits.
- Any current work activities will be evaluated by your state agency on a case-by-case basis.
- Your application will be processed and sent to your state’s Office of Disability Determination Service.
- Your state’s Office of Disability Determination Services will complete the determination decision.
If you have any other questions regarding disability income or insurance, feel feel to contact Maksurance at email@example.com